An Ode to Class, Grace, and Dignity – aka the Obama Family

The beautiful Obama family
           I have never written a letter to a U.S. president before. However, this time, I feel in my heart that you and your entire family deserve a heartfelt thank you for all your efforts, support, and love. This is an ode to class, grace, and dignity – aka the Obama family. I would like to say thank you. Thank you for making it all the way to the White House. Thank you for your integrity, grace, and inner and outer beauty that you brought in it. Thank you for your inspiration and wisdom, and thank you for everything you have done for the American people and the world. There are many people, who disagree with me. They don’t see what I see in you. That is okay.
          Different sets of values, opinions, and beliefs create our dynamic and diverse world as it is. We can discuss the better way to live forever. We can debate the best measures for progress, to strengthen communities, and empower the people living in them. However, the truth is, that a community as a whole can only be really strong when all are empowered. That includes every single member of that union. You and your family’s stories have inspired me and so many others to achieve more and reach highs that include all.Human and civil rights have always been dear to me. I prayed and cried before and after you were elected, Mr. Obama. In my opinion, you are the most charming, the most knowledgeable and the most down-to-earth president I have ever experienced in my lifetime. Mrs. Obama, you are my inspiration in more ways than I can count here. Everyone, who knows me, is aware of my admiration of you. Sasha and Malia, as the two magnificent young ladies, will make it far. I thank you all with this ode to the Obama family. I cried while witnessing you all entering your office; I cried when I realized it was your time to leave again. I will keep crying not only because I will miss you, but of gratitude – for God allowing me to live on this planet at the same time as you.
          Human and civil rights have always been dear to me. I prayed and cried before and after you were elected, Mr. Obama. In my opinion, you are the most charming, the most knowledgeable and the most down-to-earth president I have ever experienced in my lifetime. Mrs. Obama, you are my inspiration in more ways than I can count here. Everyone, who knows me, is aware of my admiration for you. Sasha and Malia, as the two magnificent young ladies you are, will make it far. I thank you all with this ode to the Obama family. I cried while witnessing you all entering your office; I cried when I realized it was your time to leave again. I will keep crying not only because I will miss you, but of gratitude – for God allowing me to live on this planet at the same time as you.
          Your family is my inspiration to achieve more. I was not born wealthy and influential. Like you, I come from humble beginnings. Like you, I strive to reach high to empower myself and those around me. Like you, I know that a true democracy gives everyone a voice to stand for what is right. Like you, I am a humanitarian, care deeply about people from all walks of life, and know their struggles. Thanks to your remarkable example, I feel inspired to help myself and give back to my community. Thanks to your lesson in dignity and grace, I don’t look down to keep down; I look down to help up.
          I am planning to use my inspiration coming from you and put them into words. Hopefully, those writings will inspire those who need to hear that they are worthy, that they too can do it, and that they too are beautiful. Next, I would like to create an enterprise, which gives those a voice who often don’t have one. Last but not least, I want to create a foundation, which supports others who struggle.
          Your dreams have come true. The dream has come true. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr would be so proud. Now I have a dream. My dream is to continue your work and contribute to a world where class, grace, dignity rule. I am dreaming of a world in which diversity continues to enrich the lives of all. A world in which every single member of the union is respected. A world in which dreams can continue to become true for everyone. May God bless you and your family, keep you always safe and happy, as I will always keep you in my heart. Thank you for your inspiration.
With gratitude, love,
Barbara
Follow Barbara Bullock's Pearls and Souls also at https://barbarabullock.wordpress.com/
Copyright © 2017 by Barbara Bullock, M.F.A., spiritual writer
Photo credit © Pixabay.com
#Obama #BarackObama #MichelleObama #president #Obamafamily #Sasha #Malia #grace #class #style #americandream #american #dream #africanamerican #firstlady #politics #united states #inspiration #achievement #goal #love #ode #dignity #democrat #diversity

Comments

Popular Posts