Dare to be grand this holiday season and beyond


             When I grew up, I was often told that I am supposed to live in a small way. I never understood what that meant. I have an idea now. It meant to be invisible. It meant to conform. It meant to fit in and do as others would expect. It also meant neither having ambitious goals nor daring to dream big dreams. It meant not to celebrate anything in a grand way especially not myself. However, I believe that life is meant to be grand. Allow me to take you on a journey to Paris in order to understand what I mean.

                 I just came back from a trip to Paris. Paris has always had a special place in my heart. Whenever I visit this city, I feel home there, know my way around pretty well, and want to stay for good. Certainly, probably millions of people around the world dream of visiting Paris, while a few (in comparison to our world’s population) are lucky to actually do so. Not only does Paris have a rich culture, architecture, and history that is world-famous. Paris is one of those magical places that draw you inside of its core and never let you go again completely. Once there, one can never forget one’s experiences in this grand location. Whenever I am there, I leave a piece of my heart in this grand city. 

                 The Eiffel Tower sparkles once each hour in the evening. I am in complete awe. No picture can do it justice. No words would ever suffice to explain the atmosphere. One has to be there physically in order to understand the tower’s magical power. I believe it is not just a landmark pretty enough for postcards and shares on social media. I truly believe that the construction of the Eiffel Tower was inspired by the grand divinity, our source, God, or universe – whatever you might call it. I believe that landmarks like this one are placed on our planet Earth in order to remind us of the grandeur of the great divine, which, by the way, includes us. This is why many feel the magic of the universe when standing in front of such a monument.

            The Eiffel Tower reminds me of my own grandness. I try not to pay attention to the many tourists. I try to find a quiet moment to take it all in. As I stand in front of it in awe, suddenly, everything becomes possible. Gone are negativity, doubt, and my often present lack of self-esteem. Instead, I feel the connection to the divine and the tower in front of me. As we become one, I feel at home, and I become grateful and inspired. I walk away with renewed faith and strength, and, yes, a few pictures too. 

So this holiday season and beyond, be inspired by his majesty the Eiffel Tower. While there are many landmarks, no one is like another. It dares to be unique and stand out. The Eiffel Tower does not care what others think of it. If it was human, it probably would dare to dream big. While there are many of us, no one is like you. Be like the Eiffel Tower. Stand tall and proud, be magnificent and grand. Most importantly, make yourself and your life count and inspire millions of others, just as the Eiffel Tower does every day and, hopefully, will do so for many generations to come. A bientot, my dear Paris.

Happy Holidays, love, Barbara

Copyright © 2016 by Barbara Bullock, Photo credit © 2016 by Barbara Bullock, taken in Paris December 2016.
#vacation #trip #paris #holidays #christmas #light #lights #grand #Eiffeltower #tower #Eiffel #Eiffelturm #tourdeeiffel #France #amazement #magic #selfesteem #selfhelp #sightseeing #landmark #monument #city #inspiration



Comments

Popular Posts