A Voice for the Voiceless


                                     Sometimes you have to stand alone so others can shine. 


          Throughout my life, I have often found myself in situation in which I was told to stop. Told to stop talking, stop doing, and stop caring. It works for a while. For a moment, I do stop. For an instant, I am still until my soul whispers a voice for the voiceless.

Ever since I was born, I have been the kind of person who would care about others. I was the child that would run up to strangers talking to them, smiling at them, even wishing to hug them. One could excuse this kind of behavior as childlike innocence. Or, one could attribute this kind of openness, feeling oneness with other human beings, and kindness to the fact that I am an empath and an old soul, who knows what it feels like to suffer and not have a voice.

Those of you, who follow my blog regularly, know that I often write about subjects dear to my heart. Those who know me in person, know that I often talk about the same ones. Civil rights, spirituality, charity, and Mother Nature, are indeed important to me. When discussions on these topics arise, you’ll often find me joining in not only participating in a debate but, sometimes, becoming almost a bit defensive standing for what I believe is right and caring about others.  Yes, I admit that my talks can be long. My written word can fill pages. I might run up to you although you are a stranger. I might love in unconventional ways and see beauty in others not considered so by learned standards.

Society and upbringing have both tried to make me still, done the best possible to help me fit in, conform, be silent, and just live a simple, ordinary live. Too often have I heard the question “Why can’t you just be like everyone else?” Being seemingly different and caring about what are frequently controversial topics, have brought me many problems in my life. I often find myself lonely talking to God, the angels, and my spirit guide, why I cannot simply be me. The answer comes quickly every time. “Stay the way you are and keep caring about others. You have a voice for the voiceless.” More to come.

With unconditional love,
Barbara

Copyright © 2017 by Barbara Bullock, M.F.A., spiritual writer
barbarabullock.wordpress.com
Photo credit © 2017 by Barbara Bullock, M.F.A. Photo taken by Barbara Bullock, M.F.A. in Japan 2007. 

#voice #voiceless #civilrights #civil #rights #environment #mothernature #unconventional #beauty #unconditionallove #love #unconditional #alone #lonliness 

Comments

Popular Posts