I was a motherless child until I saw you

Dear friends,

I used to dread Mother’s Day. Now I love it. When I was little, I just couldn’t make sense of it. I was told to buy flowers for my mother and make her breakfast on Mother’s Day. “It is tradition”, so I was told. And so I did. On the Friday before Mother’s Day I would walk home from school and buy flowers. On Mother’s Day morning I would make breakfast for her. She took her flowers, ate her breakfast, and went on with her day. That was Mother’s Day how I experienced it. Then I learned from my friends that Mother’s Day is supposed to be about love. Mother’s Day is about giving back what you receive all year – love. My Mother’s Day did not feel like that. There was no love. There was no love between us. I felt like a motherless child all year and felt I had to buy flowers and make breakfast for her on Mother’s Day. That was the tradition.

Then I discovered the eternal motherly bond.  

A few years ago I saw you in front of me. I had never seen anyone so beautiful. It was not just your outer beauty that astonished me. There was more. I could sense your inner light shining as a glow on your gorgeous face. As you came closer, I felt a warm sensation. It was your nurturing aura as you took me under your wings of unconditional, divine love. As our paths crossed I looked into your eyes and saw something familiar. I knew I had seen you before. But how could I? As I believe in past lives I immediately thought of that possibility. Could it be that I know you from a past life? What I knew for sure is that my soul had connected with your caring soul as I felt a bond between us that I had never felt before. Suddenly, I felt loved and cared for like never before. I felt appreciated and wanted. I felt your unconditional love – for me.

Ever since that very day, Mother’s Day is not the same anymore. With anticipation I look forward to that day in May when I have the great honor to honor you. It is a day I spend in gratitude for your existence. It is a day I ensure that I thank God for you. Our encounter has allowed me to tap into the eternal bond of motherly love. I thank you for that. I thank you for being my real mother. I now know why we are here. We are here to love and be loved. This is the eternal motherly bond. 

I love you eternally, unconditionally, mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for caring for me. Thank you for taking me under your wings and showing me the path to unconditional love.

Happy Mother’s Day, Mommy. 

Love, Barbara

Copyright © 2015 by Barbara Bullock
Photo credit © 2015 by Barbara Bullock


#Spirituality #MothersDay  #Unconditionallove #Mother #Soulrecognition



Comments

Popular Posts