Happy Mother's Day!

To all the mothers out there!
First of all, happy spring everyone! I hope you are enjoying the warmer temperatures and sunshine as much as I do. I have to say that I literally become alive once spring is back. I’ll write about that some other time. As Mother’s Day is coming up, I wanted to write something about nature’s extraordinary invention of a mother.
Mothers come in all different ways. Most mothers are biological mothers I would say. However, let us not forget all stepmothers, mothers in law, adoptive mothers, earth mothers, and so forth. There might even be some ladies out there we wish were our mothers. What we all have in common is that we all have mothers in one way or another and our mothers also have one or more mothers in whatever form. This is the unbreakable bond, the thread of motherly love, which goes back to the beginning of time and connects all of us into the eternity of love and essence of existence.  
For me Mother’s Day is a wonderful institution. It is a day for the world to stop for a moment and say thank you. For some people it has become too commercial and racing to find just about any present should not be what this day is supposed to be about. This is a day to say thank you and to send a lot of love to our mothers, whoever they might be for their care and love as best as they know.
In their hearts they probably know we love them, but let us all take a moment and tell them. To all the mothers out there!
 
Written by Barbara Bullock, May 2012

Comments

Popular Posts